How to Root Google Nexus 7 & Install TWRP Recovery | Unlock Bootloader
Rooting your Google Nexus 7 gives you a whole of the potential to use your device with admin control. You basically give yourself a special permission to access everything the way you want on your phone. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. And even if standing illegally in some countries, who doesn’t want that?
Rooting an android device is not as much difficult as it seems. Rooting Google Nexus 7 gives you extra of the features like you can streamline your phone performance, flash custom ROMs and install special apps. Although Rooting your device is risky, by careful understanding and implementing you can successfully achieve it. To know how to root your device, Scroll down and note every point with utmost attention.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. It gives access to the Android operating system code (the equivalent term for Apple devices id jailbreaking). It gives you privileges to modify the software code on the device or install other software that the manufacturer wouldn’t normally allow you to. We’ve shared Full Article on What is Android Rooting .
The advantages of rooting:
Gaining root access on Android is akin to running Windows as an administrator. You have full access to the system directory and can make changes to the way the OS operates. With root, you can run an app like Titanium Backup to delete or permanently hide the app.
How to Check Device is Rooted or Not?
Install a root checker app from Google Play. Open it and follow the instructions, and it will tell you if your phone is rooted or not. Go old school and use a terminal. Any terminal app from Play Store will work, and all you need to do is open it and enter the word “su” (without the quotes) and hit return.
Now after knowing all the necessary basics of what rooting your device is, here is a simplified tutorial in the form of a written guide that will surely help you out.
What is TWRP Recovery?
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is the most popular open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Advantages of TWRP:
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP recovery flashable zip
- You can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery.
- You can Wipe, Cache, and data via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files.
- You can install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery.
- It allows installing Xposed Modules.
Also Check:- How to Install Xposed Framework on Android Phone
- You can flash Custom Kernel to underclock and overclock.
- Enables to flash system images (.img) file via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP recovery.
- You can create Android Backup via TWRP.
- Make sure you have installed USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make Sure you have unlocked Bootloader of Google Nexus 7.
Also Check:- How to Unlock Bootloader of Android Device
- Make sure you have a battery percentage more than 60%.
- Create a non-android Backup on your device
- Install ADB and Fastboot (with Drivers) on your Computer.
Also Check:- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC
- Enable Developer option.
- Enable The USB Debugging.
- Enable the OEM Unlocking.
How to Enable Developer Option and Allow OEM Unlocking on Google Nexus 7
- Stet 1:- Just Head to the Device Setting.
- Step 2:- Scroll down to the end tap on About Phone.
- Step 3:- Find Build Number and tap 7 times to Enable Developer Options.
- Step 4:- Now, Go Back and Open Developer Options.
- Step 5:- Enable the USB Debugging and All OEM Unlocking.
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers for Windows | Mac
- TWRP Recovery zip for Google Nexus 7:- Download
- Latest Magisk ZIP | Magisk APK
- SuperSU zip | SuperSu APK
How to Install TWRP recovery on Google Nexus 7
- Step 1:- First of all Download and Install ADB Driver and Fastboot Tool on Your Windows PC.
- Step 2:- Download the TWRP Recovery for Google Nexus 7. Download Link is given in the Download Section.
- Step 3:- Transfer the Downloaded TWRP Recovery.img to ADB Folder in PC and rename the file to Recovery.
- Step 4:- Navigate ADB Folder in your PC and the Press Shift button + Right Mouse Click and select on Open Command Windows Here.
- Step 5:- Now connect Your Google Nexus 7 to the Windows PC via USB Data Cable.
- Step 6:- Now, Use the command in command Prompt to confirm your Android device is connected or not.
- Windows: fastboot devices Mac: ./fastboot devices
- Step 7:- Execute the following command to Boot your Google Nexus 7 into Fastboot mode.
- Windows: adb reboot bootloader
- mac: ./adb reboot bootloader
- Step 8:- once you are in the fastboot mode, Execute the following command to flash custom recovery image on the Android device.
- Windows: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- mac: ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Step 9:- Now check the TWRP Recovery is installed or not. Turn off your Android phone then long press “Volume down + Power” buttons until your device boots into TWRP recovery mode.
That’s it Now you have successfully Install TWRP on Google Nexus 7.
How to Root Google Nexus 7 Using TWRP recovery
- Step 1:- Now, Download SuperSU or Latest Magisk Zip and save the downloaded zip file into your device Internal storage. ( Don’t Put in any Folder)
- Step 2:- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Power off your Android device.
- Press and hold “Volume down button + Power button” until your device boots into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Step 3:- In the main menu of TWRP Recovery, tap on Wipe and swipe to factory reset.
- Step 4:- Go Back to the main menu in TWRP, tap on install and select the SuperSU or latest Magisk zip file.
- Step 5:- After selecting the zip file, swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- Step 6:- After Successfully Installed, You will see Wipe cache/Dalvik option, click on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Step 7:- After installing magisk or SuperSU, reboot your device from the TWRP recovery main menu.
Done!! Now You have Successfully Rooted Google Nexus 7. Enjoy Rooting.
Let us know if you have any doubt in the comment section. Don’t Worry We have your back.:-)