How to Root Samsung Galaxy S6
How to Install TWRP Recovery & Root Samsung Galaxy S6 (All Variants)
- 1 How to Install TWRP Recovery & Root Samsung Galaxy S6 (All Variants)
- 1.1 Samsung Galaxy S6: Unlock Bootloader | Flash TWRP Recovery | Root
- 1.2 Pre- Requirements:
- 1.3 How to Enable Developer Option and Allow OEM Unlocking on Samsung Galaxy S6
- 1.4 What is TWRP Recovery?
- 1.5 What is Rooting?
- 1.6 How to Know if your Device is rooted or not?
- 1.7 Download
- 1.8 Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Using Odin Tool
- 1.9 How to Make Sure Your Galaxy S6 is Rooted?
If you are a Samsung Galaxy S6 user and you wish to root Samsung Galaxy S6 device you are on the right pathway. Rooting gives you a vast potential to use your device with admin control. You, by this process, basically give yourself a special permission to access everything the way you want on your phone. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. And even if standing illegally in some countries, who doesn’t want that?
Rooting an android device is not as much difficult as it seems. Rooting Galaxy S6 device gives you extra of the features like you can streamline your phone performance, flash custom ROMs and install special apps. Although Rooting your device is risky, by careful understanding and implementing you can successfully achieve it. To know how to root your device, Scroll down and note every point with utmost attention.
Samsung Galaxy S6: Unlock Bootloader | Flash TWRP Recovery | Root
- Make sure you have installed USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure you have a battery percentage more than 60%.
- Make Sure you have unlocked Bootloader of Samsung Galaxy S6.
Also Check:- How to Unlock Bootloader of Android Device
- Create a non-android Backup on your device
- Install ADB and Fastboot (with Drivers) on your Computer.
Also Check:- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC
- Enable Developer option.
- Enable The USB Debugging.
- Enable the OEM Unlocking.
How to Enable Developer Option and Allow OEM Unlocking on Samsung Galaxy S6
Stet 1:- Just Head to the Device Setting.
Step 2:- Scroll down to the end tap on About Phone.
Step 3:- Find Build Number and tap 7 times to Enable Developer Options.
Step 4:- Now, Go Back and Open Developer Options.
Step 5:- Enable the USB Debugging and All OEM Unlocking.
What is TWRP Recovery?
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is the most popular open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images.
Advantages of TWRP:
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP recovery flashable zip
- You can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery.
- You can Wipe, Cache, and data via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files.
- You can install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery.
- It allows installing Xposed Modules.
You Should Check:- How to Install Xposed Framework on Android Phone
- You can flash Custom Kernel to underclock and overclock.
- Enables to flash system images (.img) file via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP recovery.
- You can create Android Backup via TWRP.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. It gives access to the Android operating system code (the equivalent term for Apple devices id jailbreaking). It gives you privileges to modify the software code on the device or install other software that the manufacturer wouldn’t normally allow you to.
The advantages of rooting:
Gaining root access on Android is akin to running Windows as an administrator. You have full access to the system directory and can make changes to the way the OS operates. With root, you can run an app like Titanium Backup to delete or permanently hide the app.
How to Know if your Device is rooted or not?
Install a root checker app from Google Play. Open it and follow the instructions, and it will tell you if your phone is rooted or not. Go old school and use a terminal. Any terminal app from Play Store will work, and all you need to do is open it and enter the word “su” (without the quotes) and hit return.
Now after knowing all the necessary basics of what rooting your device is, here is a simplified tutorial in the form of a written guide that will surely help you out.
USB Driver:- Download
Odin Tool:- Download
|Device Name||Model Number||CF Root|
|Galaxy S6||SM-G920F (Europe)||Download|
|Galaxy S6||SM-G920T (T-Mobile)||Download|
|Galaxy S6||SM-G920A (AT&T)||Download|
|Galaxy S6||SM-G9200, G9208, G9209, G9208/SS||Download|
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Using Odin Tool
Step 1:-. Power off Your Galaxy S6, Then Press and hold Power + Volume down + Home.
Step 2:-. A message will be displayed, Just press Volume Up to enter into Download Mode.
Step 3:-. Now, Open Odin3 on your PC. and connect your Galaxy S6 with PC.
Step 4:-. You have changed some Setting, Under the Options tab Uncheck Auto Reboot.
Step 5:-. Next, click on the AP Button and load the Cf-Root file.
Step 6:-. Now we are just one step away. Click On Start.
Step 7:-. Once the CF-Root flashed. Reboot Your Samsung Galaxy S6.
You Might Have Doubt That your device is rooted or Not.
How to Make Sure Your Galaxy S6 is Rooted?
Step 1:- Download Root Checker App From Google Play Store for Free.
Step 2:- Open The Root Checker and Tap on Verify Root.
You will Know.
Done!! Now You have Successfully Rooted Samsung Galaxy S6. Enjoy Rooting.
Let us know if you have any doubt in the comment section. Don’t Worry We have your back.:-)